you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Friday, January 25, 2008

7 Random things about me! meme


I was tagged for a "Meme." It’s a “7 Random Things About Me."

Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

rule: Share seven random and/or weird things about yourself.
rule: Tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
rule: Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, here we go.

1. I have a scissor thing... I don't know how it happens but I have way too many pairs of scissors in my life for any one human being. I seem to collect them like some crazy scissor magnet, and the weird thing is I don't truly know where most of them come from.

2. I like to stand in the shower for a long time with my hands folded behind my back and in the water. This is my normal stance for shower repose.

3. I don't like eggplant, except when it is pickled Japanese style in miso. other versions I really don't enjoy at all, cooked, grilled, etc. etc. NOT FOR ME.

4. I believe the only real flavor of poptarts is Brown Sugar Cinnamon. All others are something entirely different and cannot really be called poptarts.

5. I also, in addition to my scissor fetish have a thing about bags and notebooks. I own sooooo many bags, backpacks, etc. and yet always covet more of them and always want to buy a new bag when I am out, AND I love buying new notebooks for my writing. I am on a life long quest for the perfect notebooks. I love moleskins, but I like tons of other notebooks too. again, I have, probably a hundred or more notebooks in my life!

6. For me the perfect pen has as absolutely fine a point as is physically and technologically possible. My favorite for the last 2 years is this .028 point pen sold in Japan.

7. I Love Love Love Christmas. Especially traditional christmassy stuff. Love it! BUT I hate it when people decorate etc. too early. Christmas season starts with the day after Thanksgiving, and does not get into full swing until dec. 1. Period.

so that is some randomness about me... I am tagging the 4 founders of the group news blog, and my friend Terri Mac, and the lovely and energetic Adelle, American Goy,, Farmgirl, the chef at Moveablefeast, and finally Mr.OnoKineGrindz.
Hope to read all the randomness about them soon too!

2 comments:

AmericanGoy said...

Let the tagging begin!

Ah, I see you got me from the groupnewsblog. I am honored to be even mentioned in the same sentence as the old crew from Steve's (RIP) own blog.

Americans who have travelled overseas, or better yet lived on other countries for a while, have different slant on life.

I think that all politicians should be required to spend at least a year of their lives outside the US.

Will read your blog - looks interesting.

Oh - and hi.

Miki said...

i'm so on that eggplant pickle. i'll let you know how it turns out. Oishisou!!!!!