you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Friday, August 26, 2005

happy birthday to me!

I've had a few fun food adventures since I last wrote on 8/18... working on content now. butin the meantime I have to say a big birthday thanks. Lots of folks sent me happy wishes, and "becoming a foodie" and "hubrissonic" helped me have a wonderful birthday yesterday including a fantastic outing to a tea house with over 350 kinds of tea and unbelieveable desserts. And they helped me finish off my evening with some nice comfortable chinese food during yesterday's typhoon here in Tokyo.

"becoming a foodie" gave me a fantastic pen. and Hubris took care of wonderful art supplies for my visual journal class. Plus I got 5000 yen in gift certs to go office and art supply shopping which ranks right up there with food as one of my obsessions... strange, I know. but there you have it!

in addition in the mail I got a great restaruant journal to write in from Mom which will certainly help me record good notes for the blog. Thanks everyone!
It was a lovely birthday.

3 comments:

Mona said...

Where in Tokyo do you live? I've lived abroad in Paris and my family lived in Tokyo as well. Will be checking out your blog now on a regular basis..found it off kipblog.
Come and check out my NYC restaurant blog if you're ever in the area.
Have you ever eaten at Bourbon St? You must! I became very good friends with the chef!

Unknown said...

I love bouron st. went there for my birthday last year. Sohan is a wonderful character. I am living in the nakameguro area and my restaurant is in harajuku.

I will definately check out your NYC blog. I am from philadelphia and Love the Philly NY area.
*Lauren

Anonymous said...

awww, twernt nuttin!:-)