you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Never doubt that small groups of thoughtful, commited citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead


OCTOBER 5th 2005- the above image is from the same organization different date.
Well, I have been away from my food blog for far too long... first was out having fun, gathering content, and trying out new restaurants. then- Katrina hit the gulf coast in the USA. The thing is, I had a hard time seeing how writing about food was not a bit decadent at a time when so many americans were suffering. Even though I am living overseas I am quite active in ngo, npo and political work. After katrina, I started a new project SENDING SMILES We also had a fundraiser/ concert for Katrina Survivors. And so I have not been over here to the fancy glass much at all.

I am happy to report, however, That the restaurant I work with Fujimamas is participating in a great food industry related fundraiser Dine For America! On Oct. 5th we are joining hundreds of Restaurants who are donating some or all of their profits for the day to Katria Relief efforts. I think this is a great effort to give to communities that are suffering. Especially in the new orleans area where so many people were employed in the food and beverage industry before this terrible tragedy struck.

You can go to this page, and see if there are restaurants in your area, and please tell your favorite restaurant about this program and tell them that you would be proud to help get the word out if they chose to participate. as of this post there are almost 7,000 restaurants signed up to participate! and growing.

As a member of the food loving community I hope you will try to make sure to get out and support this effort on 10/5. I will let you all know how our event worked out.

No comments: