you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finding the ROOT


I have been cultivating a big love for all the DIY, indie craft, Hackerhouses, make it yourself, sell it and tell stories cultures that are springing up everywhere. We just got back from SXSWi where I went to a number of sessions talking about that kind of thing directly or tangentally.

And today I have a new passion. TO get a bottle of ROOT somehow here to Japan to serve in my tiny restaurant that will re-open in April. ROOT is made by the folks I just discovered, based in my hometown of Philly "Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction" they have a shop, make art, clothes, support artists AND make a great organic Liqueur. Gotta get me a bottle.

Other recent things I need to find out more about are WALKING-PAPERS.org and THE NEWSPAPER CLUB, as well as THE KAHANI MOVEMENT. People doing awesome stuff because they love it and because they can. I heard all these folks talk about their projects at sxsw and was truly inspired.

Gotta get going on the MAKE-O-MATTIC project. And do some more DIY ideas myself. My want to do list is getting longer and longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so....does DIY mean Do it yourself?...loved the article...will try next weekend to see about Root out at Mt. Carmel...
mom