you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Tried and true.

The restaurant I work in, as you know, is called Fujimamas. It is asian fusion with a creative and original menu by our executive chef and the restaurant owner, Mark Vann.

I have been eating fujimamas food for 6 going on 7 years. Long before I worked here I was a devoted customer. One of my favorite things- for all these years, has been Fujimamas Shrimp Fried Rice.

The basic ingredients are egg, shrimp, rice, basil and chilis. The basil is really one of the magic parts of this dish. Plus it just looks gorgeous. Living in Asia, as we do, my husband and I have tried a lot of Fried Rice or yakimeishi as it is known in Japanese… But none compare to Mark’s recipe.

Yemi, one of our women in the kitchen often makes it a little hotter- more chilis and on a Friday night with a tropical cocktail, nothing is better!

If I ever make it out on my own to start a restaurant, I am sure that for years to come, I will remember and miss Fujimamas Fried Rice. When you are in Tokyo… come by and order some of our great seafood and meat dishes, and then round it out with our Shrimp, Egg and Basil Fried Rice. You will be glad you did.

No comments: