you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mind Bumping My Writers' Block and Singing a Merry Tune

mindbump suggested by Testube

"Describe your most embarrassing musical purchase. What's hidden in your skeleton CD rack?"

Illustration on the left by Deborah Champion / Buy this print or others by her at ETSY

With starting my daily morning pages on 750.com I have had trouble thinking of what to write over here on my blog. which was one of my goals this year- better blog upkeep. Plus I would like to write more about something other than worries about money and my company. I would like to touch on other parts of life- here at the fancy glass. Start writing more general food and life posts again. So today I am experimenting with MINDBUMP, blogging ideas suggested by fellow bloggers. A community generated prompt that gets and gives at the same time. Will see what I think... have to try a few times.

So today's is above... I have to say I am not embarrassed by my music. I know it is not for everyone but I love that about life. I guess I get a little embarrassed about my love for Christmas music since everyone groans and rolls there eyes when I start listening to it 24/7 basically right after thanksgiving. But I do LOVE it. It sets the tone for my holiday time of year. I wish more artists would release Christmas albums. I really can't get enough. I was thrilled this year to buy the GLEE Christmas cd. Too funny. And I have to say I loved most of the songs on it.

I feel we have lost something when the mixed tap/ and cd faded into the past. making a theme list to give to someone was a great interactive and sharing experience. I got some great ones from friends and some other that I simply did not like and couldn't listen to, but it was fun all the same. I know you can make a playlist now, but seriously it is not the same. With my love of winter seasonal music maybe one thing i should do is make a mix for each season or each month, reflecting the time of year, what needs doing and what needs letting go. I also want to download some new stuff- things I don't know so well. But embarrassed? Never! I love my music and it is after all for me, so why be embarrassed. The quirky-ier the better I say!

No comments: