you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Friday, June 10, 2005

Congrats and cake.

This is an arts-food post today. Last night I had my last class of an 8 week writing course using the Proprioceptive writing method. Pioneered by Linda Trichter Metcalf and Tobin Simon and featured in their book Writing the Mind Alive.

My class was taught in Tokyo at a wonderful art center called RBR and it is because of my teacher and this class that I felt confident enough and excited enough to get this food blog going. Something I had always wanted to do, but never was sure enough of myself to start.

So last night we finished the introductory course. There were 8 women in my class and I am so thankful for what I have learned from the teacher and all the other class members!

What better way to celebrate than with CAKE- and rich thick chocolate cake at that! We finished our last writing – sharing period in between forkfuls of yummy chocolatey goodness. If you want to celebrate with your own chocolate cake there are lots of great recipes here

The 2nd level class starts in September, I am eagerly looking forward to it, and wondering what food to share next time around.

So here’s to all the fabulous women in my class.

Thank you Angela, Hinako, Midori, Ellen, Marianne, Lia, Fiona, Christina, and Sylvia. I will treasure the memories I have of this class and look forward to reading everyone’s writing over cake and tea in the future.

No comments: