you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Sunday, March 26, 2006

reflections on a wine party

In the beginning of march we held a big wine tasting party at Fujimamas. The snaps above were shot with me and the two guests of honor. Eric from Dunham Cellars and Charles from K-Vintners.

My friends Jeff and Jan at Orca International were the wine importer/distributor hosts- and they pulled out all the corks as it were. We had over 50 wines to try from their catalog, and a 4-5 from the two VIPS above. About 100 people came and everyone had fun, but no one had too much fun if you know what I mean.

This was all by way of kicking off a Tokyo Tradition. For the last few years March has been Washington Wine month. During which there are many wine tasting parties, and events to feature the wines from Washington State.

I had a great time, and I think our guests did as well. We had great tunes from a couple of DJ's from the online radio wonder Samurai.fm and the two guests Eric and Charles were very charming!

all this fun tasting and experimenting has me looking forward to more wine adventures in the future.

from Dunham Cellars I reccommend
Dunham Three Legged Red

and the Dunham Cabernet Sauvignon VII (2001)

and From K Vintners
K 'The Boy' Walla Walla (2004)
Thanks Eric, Jeff, Jan and Charles!

No comments: