you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Monday, September 11, 2006

the Kitchen Diaries


I am still trying to get all my wine dinner photos together. Will share them with you all soon. IN the meantime, today I thought I would tell you about a book I am reading- experiencing really. Nigel Slater's The Kitchen Diaries. A gorgeous Heafty book, with a silk ribbon page holder, lovely photos and rich relaxed writing. I am browsing it day by day, as Nigel wrote it, and dreaming of more leisure time so I can actually try out some of his tasty recipes.

The Kitchen Diaries, is more like a daily love affair with food, markets, and yes the occasional battle with not wasting the things collecting in your fridge. It has been fun so far. he is quite charming a real. You can see more about the book on The Nigel Slater Site. I am reading in the Sept. section now. seems very lush and real. Not your average cookbook by any stretch. I want to get his previous book Real Food soon too.

No comments: