you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Monday, January 12, 2009

Local Joints


I am not done looking back at the wonderful xmas trip 2008... but here's a post about more recent food. Last night we went to one of our favorite little joints in Nakameguro. It is a little, and I mean little, place. about 15 seats, some on a counter right infront of the chef. French country style. Simple food perfectly prepared.

The chef-owner loves what he does and it shows.

Last night was a cold Jan. evening here in the big city. And the two dishes we shared above were a perfect remedy. On the left-- pork and lentils, on the right steak frite. I have decided that I am still not ready to share the location or details of this local place. Keeping it a secret for me and the mr. right now. It is nice to have a little place that hardly anyone knows about.

No comments: