you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Biting Off More Than You Can Chew

Doing what you already know is comfortable. It is easy, And it makes us feel successful.

Attempting something big, something beyond our reach, something larger than life is out there. The exposure along can send me running for an afternoon nap under the quilt on the couch. But the things I have learned in life generally come from leaping in, trying, sometimes crashing and burning. But lifting the heavy stuff, not just the twigs. Not easy. Not safe. But for me it is what makes it worth while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true! I have the same feeling everyday. I also know that my journey has left me with a mixture of excitement, fear, and trepidation. I have to put myself on display in a different way and it is intimidating. What if I fail? Then everyone will know.