you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Saturday, June 30, 2007

what I am reading now

This week I am starting to read another foodie-food-politics book. Twinkie, Deconstructed: My Journey to Discover How the Ingredients Found in Processed Foods Are Grown, Mined (Yes, Mined), and Manipulated Into What America Eats (Hardcover) by Steve Ettlinger.

Needless to say, this looks to be an interesting and frightening read. Yesterday i read a piece in a newsletter from HONEST TEA company that says that we eat about 89lbs of high fructose corn syrup a year (up from 35 lbs before.) It is crazy to me that folks are so willing to eat something in a shiny package that has an ingredients list as long as my arm of incomprehensible unpronounceable items that are making us fat and unhealthy. I will be updating more as I read this one, but if you want to check it out yourself you can pick it up here.

No comments: