you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I happily went on assigment last month for a couple of afternoons and went to two afternoon teas- and wrote about them for Being A Broad Magazine. I went to two fantastic new hotels in downtown tokyo where afternoon tea is the thing to do. My first stop was the RITZ-CARLTON Tokyo. Their tea was fantastic. Everything I was looking for. Tea cakes, gorgeous porcelin, fantastic views as far as the eye could see and a long leisurely afternoon with my friend over a big personal pot of finely blended black tea!

The second try was at the brand new Penisula, I thought it was nice, but not nearly as special as the Ritz! Since they don't take reservations at the Penisula tea time involves long lines and made me feel not at all special. And the tea service itself was uninspired though the scones were quite nice.

I will cross post the story when it comes out. It was a fun one to do. Next piece for them will be about gourmet gift giving for the winter holidays here in Tokyo.

the ratings?

RITZ-CARLTON TEA TIME 5fg!!!!






THE PENISULA TEA TIME 3 fg (disappointing)

1 comment:

tokyoterri said...

but let's not forget the lost oji-chan...