you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Monday, March 26, 2007

afternoon treats from across the street

  near to our apartment there is a little co-op set up, restaurant, bar, shop and a bakery. I especially like the bakery, a few rosie cheeked young japanese folks seem to do all the work. Today while working at home I went out to get a treat for the hubby and me. This is kind of a mini chocolate bread stick. I tried the fig and caramel too. But I think the chocolate is more my speed.

Opatoka has breads, sandwiches and in the summer time various flavors of soft serve ice cream. It is too close to home to be good for my weight, but fun anyway. I do love to buy from small independent companies and can't understand why anyone would walk around the corner to buy bad fake bread at the 7Eleven when this place is right here!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: