you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Skelpin

 
This week we had another one of our Fujimamas Music Nights, this time with an irish american band SKELPIN. They describe their music as Irish-Fusion. they were really great although the event ended up being much more stressful than I bargained for.

I started my day with a meeting with boss and chef owner, Mark- at 9:00 am and I was working till close at midnight in order to give my second in command a needed day off. Anyway, it was going to be a long day anyway, and then add in this...

The Band who asked to play, (they wanted to come to us!) was supposed to be set up and start playing on our second floor at 7:30 pm. Usually my bands arrive and set up an hour before... at 7 there was no band, 7:15 still no one, 7:30 NO ONE.... 8:00 NO ONE!!!!!!!! and the room was full of guests waiting to hear great irish music! I called and tried to find them to no avail. Finally got a friend of mine who knows them, and he told me that they had, unbeknowst to me, scheduled a show before mine and were probably running late.

Needless to say, when they showed up at 9pm !!!! I was pretty pissed. They were truly sorry, though i still can't understand why they didn't telephone. They apologized and played a fantastic set for us, basically for free- the guests loved it, and all was forgiven, so I guess it had a happy ending.

their music is fantastic and they are quite talented and nice. I would still recommend them in spite of my experience. And I think everyone had a good time.

Still- much more stress than i wanted or needed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: