you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Sunday, January 02, 2011

At the Core of the Matter

Core Story - What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? - #reverb10

I think central to my interactions and being is community, starting groups, helping groups, meeting new people and providing opportunities for people to come together and do more as a group than they could have done alone. I like to think that my restaurant too is a place where people can come, be, and talk with friends and strangers who are destined to be new friends!

I am best when I can participate in these kinds of mutually helpful groups.

In 2010 one of the best ones that sprang up was our Small Biz Women's group. What an amazing and dynamic group of ladies. It thrills me to talk with them. Truly.

Also the hackerspace continues to be interesting though still difficult financially. Have to commit to find a way to keep that going and working in 2011. It is on the cusp of being sustainable as are so many of my 2010 projects- just need to push it to the next place.

Community and Mutual Support. Core values, and core experiences that help me thrive.

How do I share it? I try to look at how to help and how to help others help each other. I examine where people individually are and try to see where we can go as a group(s). I try to talk story- as they say in Hawaii. Share with people my own tale and ask them about theirs. Listening is key. I struggle with that at times but I think I have gotten better.

Maybe 2011 needs to be a year where I
1. write down my own story
2. share it
3. Listen to others key stories.
4. learning from those around me

lather-rinse-repeat.

I need more reflective time in the new year to look at where I have been, where I am going and staying true to my story. Time to learn about meditating...

No comments: