you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Community Is Everything

I am participating in #reverb10 to think on the year that we are ending and make a plan for 2011. I didn't start until the 8th but still want to go and catch up on the first 7 prompts. So this is from the 12/7 request.

Community.
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?- #reverb10

I consider my self and builder of communities. I have started many, joined many and am probably over extended but I love bringing people together and sharing and learning from each other.

2010 even though it was crazy busy, I deepened or extended my involvement in a few offline communities. Of particular help adn support was joining the ACCJ. The American Chamber of Commerce. I was also able to be selected for the first ever Entrepreneur Mentoring Initiative. (EMI) which concluded on 11/22. Good experiences, I am still digesting what I learned and what I think about everything. My mentor Jeff Char was terrific.  Also this year was an up and down saga of building the Tokyo Hacker Space community. which I love but which as been often really difficult.

In 2011, I don't have plans to join more communities but to take time to deepen the involvement I have and to pay more attention to individual friendships and the community of close supporters and family that have been so key to my making it through this year.

No comments: