you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Friday, December 10, 2010

It's my Party

PARTY- What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans? from Reverb2010

For me it was not any party I went to, but a week long party I held myself. Our annual thanksgiving spread at my restaurant. This was the first year that it was all about me getting out there and promoting, getting people to come and have thanksgiving dinner at my new little restaurant and providing folks far from home with a taste of their memories. The people who came were largely new to me this year, Another big change. The marketing I did brought in lots of new faces.

The food was traditional, yummy, and totally home-style
The people were generous with their praise, ate a ton and promised to visit us again! I couldn't have asked for more. I really felt the bounty that week. It was easy to remember why I am in this business.

My 2010 has been largely just about work, but I hope to go to some parties that someone else will be hosting in 2011. Sprout and spread some social butterfly wings.

1 comment:

Lizz said...

I had wanted to comment but got sidetracked by the amazing food in your photo slideshow! LOL
I love that you get so much fulfillment out of your restaurant; I hope to find that kind of joy in my work, one of these days!
@libismorgan
#reverb10