you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Sunday, September 23, 2007

godess of food


This great new york times story and video warmed my heart and soul today and made me long for a great farmer's market. Alice Waters is a godess in my world. And this was a charming way to see her in action. They talk about her new upcoming recipe book in the article, But I also want to mention how much I enjoyed the book that came out about her and chez panisse last year.

First the new one- “The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons and Recipes From a Delicious Revolution” (Clarkson Potter, October).

(which I don't have yet, but want -hint hint)

and the one I have and love- Alice Waters and Chez Panisse: The Romantic, Impractical, Often Eccentric, Ultimately Brilliant Making of a Food Revolution

I've never been to Chez Panisse-- but I am determined to make it there. And in the meantime reading her books and books about her, I feel like I have been there before. :-)

Jesse, over at the GNB also posted wonderfully about this story.

No comments: