you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Thursday, January 11, 2007

More post trip reflections


well, a little time has passed since we returned to Tokyo, and I have to say, I LOVED the trip. I had such a great time, and the memories are wonderful. It was hard getting back into the swing of life in the big metropolis here. But I have lots of great things to remember. My photos came out pretty well. And I've had some fun sharing them.

This photo is a small, fun memory. Near our hotel in Prague, this was a small, clean, local deli. And this deli counter was gorgeous I thought! Seems like open faced sandwiches are the thing there, as I saw this kind of set up in several shops, and cafes.

One thing really missing in Japan is good bread and good sandwiches. When I go work in our restaurant in Hawaii, one thing I eat a lot of, is sandwiches from Local restaurants, coffee shops, and take out joints. Can't get enough of them.

We only window-shopped at this Deli, but when I get back to Prague some day, I will certainly be tucking into some great openfaced sammies.... YUM.

No comments: