you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Afternoon and the Landtmann


We got up today, had a great breakfast at our hotel. more on that later. Then we went to the Leopold Museum in the MQ. Wonderful afternoon of art and talking and more art. Took a leisurely stroll passing through the Maria Tereasa platz christmas market, and off to the LANDTMANN cafe.

the Landtmann was recommended by my DAJ friend Linda G. It has been around 133 years. I read a little about it in the guidebook too. Anyway- totally lived up to my expectations. I had an Einspanner which is an espresso with a huge dollop of whipped cream, chris had hot spiced wine. Then we split a baked apple filled with nuts, raspberries, cranberries, and surrounded by vanilla cream.

We stayed for a while- broke out our sketching stuff and did some drawing. Lots of fun to think about drawing after the 5 day RBR workshop we took. I sketched a man at a table nearby and the glasses on my table.

After a nice long walk back to the hotel, arm and arm which is the custom here and soooo lovely. Tonight we are going out to dinner with Kristin S. from DA Austria. She says typical viennese dinner spot. So I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: