you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

my first weiner schnitzel



yum...
we went out to dinner last night at a typical nice neighborhood Vienna restaurant and had WEINER SCHNITZEL! the place was chosen by our DA Austria Friend (democrats abroad) Kristin S. And it was just perfect. Small local place in the 9th district, on a quaint little side street.

we started with a traditional dumpling appetizer, and a beef, goat cheese and pumpkin seed oil dish. Then came the schnitzel. It was terrific- but too large a portion after the apps. I will have it again in the next two days or so I hope- and this time I won't spoil my appetite on the starters though they were quite tasty.

Before going to the restaurant we walked around a christmas market not far from the hotel. Lots of artisan crafts. This time, instead the hot red wine, I tried the orange punch with rum. It was very delicious. I imagine it would be great for a sore throat.

Today- we are planning to go to an excavation of roman ruins. and hopefully another cafe. The Central- which was a trotsky hang-out.

No comments: