you don"t need to save the crystal for a special day, even water tastes better in a "Fancy Glass"

Sunday, May 29, 2005

the perfect office

One of my favorite things to do on days off is go to cafes and there are many many cafes in Tokyo so I get lots of opportunities. I think that the best office in the world, is an outside table at a cute café with loads of character. I enjoy writing there, working, thinking, people watching or all of the above at the same time. Even better if the café is wi-fi and I can break out the laptop and surf.

So this past week on my day off I spent an hour or so chilling out a non-descript but nice café in daikanyama. I had a writing assignment to do for my creative writing class, and the café, and the tea certainly helped me complete it. The café was only so-so But I did have fun people watching and writing.

I bought a local book recently highlighting interesting cafes around the city. Lots of great pictures. I can’t read the Japanese so one of the women that works with me translated the addresses for me. My new adventure will be to work my way through the book and check out the many cute cafes that are featured. They break them down in sections like, cafes for friends, cafés for lovers, night life cafes…. Etc. should be a fun task.

In the meantime I did some café researching on the internet.
You can start to read all kinds of café info from around the world at thecafeguide.com

Some great café history at classiccafes.co.uk

If you’ve had a dream of starting your own café, (this is still one possibility I am considering in my quest for my own restaurant) check out… Start and Run a Coffee Bar

And there is some great online advice for running your café at
How to Run a Frugal, Interesting, and Successful Cafe

finally there is some pretty interesting stuff, history and café culture not to mention haiku over at
ineedcoffee.com

more on my list of favorite cafes later.

No comments: